Were you arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) in Orange County? Are you afraid that your case is hopeless? Don’t give up, there are proven ways to fight and win a DUI case! Did the officer have probable cause to stop you? Were the field sobriety tests conducted in accordance with federal guidelines? Was the chemical test collected, stored, and analyzed properly? Do you have a medical condition that could have mimicked impairment, invalidating the blood alcohol reading?
If you’re facing DUI charges, you don’t want to plead guilty and accept the full wrath of the criminal justice system. You want to do everything to turn things around in your favor and significantly reduce, if not eliminate the penalties you’re facing through a dismissal of charges or a plea bargain.
Some ways a DUI charge can be challenged:
- Driving: Were you actually driving the vehicle? Since intoxication isn’t enough, the prosecution must be able to prove that you were driving.
- Lawful police stop: Did the officer have probable cause to initiate the traffic stop? If the officer did not have legal cause to stop you, evidence will be suppressed.
- Your Miranda Rights: We may be able to get incriminating statements suppressed if you were not warned at the appropriate time.
- Implied consent warning: If you were not advised of the consequences of refusing to take a chemical test, or if it was given to you incorrectly, it could affect the admissibility of the test results, and the DMV-imposed driver’s license suspension.
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs: We can question the officer’s “opinion” about your alleged intoxication, and the circumstances under which you took field sobriety tests.
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC): There’s a lot that can go wrong with a BAC test; for example, many breath machines register other chemical compounds on the breath as alcohol. BAC test results can be challenged for accuracy.
If you’ve been charged with DUI, even if you believe the cards are stacked against you that does NOT mean you should plead guilty. Even if your BAC was .08% (the legal limit), there are still a multitude of possible defenses, from common defenses to the more complex and sophisticated.
Considering that a DUI will stay on your driving record for 10 years, you want to do everything you can to fight your charges and get them reduced to a wet reckless or dismissed – we can help you pursue just that!
Our very own Attorney Virginia L. Landry is affiliated with the National College for DUI Defense, and she is leading the charge in challenging field sobriety tests, breathalyzers, and the computer programs used to run breath testing instruments. It’s DUI attorneys like Landry who have overturned thousands of DUI cases across the country.
Ready to get started? Call the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry, Inc. to work with an Orange County DUI attorney who is a Board-Certified specialist in DUI defense!