Resolving Bench Warrants for 2 DUIs in 2 Counties

As a DUI defense firm in Orange County, Calif., we have pretty much seen and heard it all. Nothing really surprises us anymore. Since we have so much knowledge about California DUIs, we have made it one of our missions to share what we know with the general public.

In this post, we’re going to address what to do when a person has bench warrants for violating probation after two DUI convictions in two different counties. Sounds a little unusual, but it’s not unheard of and it happens more often that you might think.

When You Have Bench Warrants in Two Counties

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Let’s say that “John” got a DUI in Orange County back in 2010. He went to DUI school, and he performed his community service according to his probation. Then, in 2011, he gets in a horrible accident in Los Angeles County.

John was in a coma at the hospital for weeks. He had a traumatic brain injury, internal injuries, and suffered from a broken wrist. John wasn’t expected to survive but against all odds he did. Then, just when he thinks it can’t get any worse, he find out that he got a DUI after a bench warrant was issued.

He went to court, and because his wrist injury was so bad and he was awaiting surgery, he couldn’t finish the probation in the Orange County case from 2010. Now, five years later he’s partially disabled and wants to find a way out of this mess WITHOUT going to jail.

What does someone do in this situation?

What Someone Should Do in This Situation

If you’re in a similar situation, the primary issue here is that if you appear in one county’s court, they’re supposed to arrest you on the other county’s warrant. While there’s no guarantee that this will happen, you want to ensure that you hire an attorney to appear on your behalf to get both warrants recalled.

Do not do this without a defense lawyer’s help. You need to retain an Orange County DUI attorney, such as Virginia L. Landry. She can appear in court on your behalf and ask the court to recall the warrant and reinstate your DUI probation. You’ll also need to gather all of your medical records so these can be submitted to the court.

Lastly, you’ll need to see a bail bondsperson to put up bail in both cases, but we can explain this in further detail.

Address this right away by contacting the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry, Inc. for a free case evaluation! Board Certified in DUI defense, we can help!

Related Posts
  • How Will a DUI Impact Your Insurance Rates? Read More
  • Ultimate Guide to DUI Court Procedures Read More
  • 4 Types of DUI Charges Read More