While the nation is trying to figure out how to survive, we are still here to help with all of your legal needs. We have already implemented procedures to protect our staff as well as our clients. We are available by phone to help you as you struggle through what to do next with your legal concerns. We remain dedicated to providing you top notch service, our legal expertise, and the social distancing that is necessary at this time. Please check us out on Facebook for daily updates as to court closures throughout Southern California. Be well!

Orange County's DUI Queen®
Our DUI Blog Stay Current With DUI Related News

Mel Gibson's DUI Conviction Expunged...So Can Anyone Make This Request?

Just recently, a Judge in Malibu court granted Mel Gibson's request to expunge his 2006 DUI arrest from his record.   In California, anyone can request the court to set aside a DUI conviction as though it never happened.  This is called an expungement.  If you have been convicted of a DUI, you may file a petition for dismissal of your DUI conviction after you have successfully completed all terms of your probation.  There are no guarantees that the request will be granted as this decision is discretionary with the judge.  There is a higher probability of having the DUI conviction expunged if you have no further criminal court cases.  One of the advantages of having an expunged record includes the opportunity to note that you have never been convicted of a crime on an employment application.   However, if you work for any government agency or in a state licensed field, you will be required to disclose the conviction in the application in spite of the expungement.

At the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry, we have a high success rate of having DUI convictions expunged.  If you need assistance with petitioning the court, give our offices a call at 949-585-7400.  We offer a free consultation and can discuss whether you are eligible for an expungement.  Visit us at www.duiqueen.com or www.orangecountycriminallaw.com.