Arrested for DUI in Orange County?Get a Board Certified DUI Defense Attorney on your side.
DUI Arrests In Orange County, California
If you have been arrested for an alleged drunk driving (DUI), it is essential that you are aware of the process ahead. Upon being pulled over, a driver is immediately at risk of being arrested and charged with drunk driving, and although he or she may be given the opportunity to prove sobriety by way of a standardized field sobriety testing or a breath or blood test, there are too many faults with these to ensure 100% accuracy in determining intoxication or a driver who is under the influence of a controlled substance.
At the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry, we are experienced in defending clients facing drunk driving charges throughout all of Orange County, California. We understand how to fully investigate and challenge every single aspect of a DUI arrest to ensure that our client's rights were not violated at any point.
For example, what if the arresting officer did not have probable cause to pull our client over in the first place? What if the officer was inexperienced or untrained in administering field sobriety tests correctly? These are issues we can look at in regard to your arrest to determine how to build a case on your behalf.
What To Do if You’re Pulled Over on Suspicion of DUI
How You Can Help Positively Impact the Situation
- Do not attempt to evade the law enforcement officer if he or she turns on the siren to pull you over.
- Always be polite and courteous when talking to the officer.
- Do not attempt to resist arrest or become violent with the officer.
- Politely decline to answer questions about where you have been, how much you have had to drink etc. This information may be used against you later.
- Politely decline to participate in field sobriety testing. They are not mandatory.
- If you are arrested, exercise your right to remain silent. Ask to speak with an attorney.
For more information about DUI arrests and how a DUI lawyer in Orange County can help you, contact us today! Call us at (949) 537-2202 or fill out the simple form.