DUI Arrests in Orange County, California
Orange County DUI Attorney
DUI arrest can be a frightening and embarrassing experience. Upon being pulled
over, a driver is immediately at risk of being arrested and charged with
drunk driving, and although he or she may be given the opportunity to
prove sobriety by way of a
field sobriety testing or a
breath or blood test, there are too many faults with these to ensure 100% accuracy in determining
intoxication or a driver who is under the influence of a
At the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry, we are experienced in defending
clients facing drunk driving charges throughout all of
Orange County, California. We understand how to fully investigate and challenge every
single aspect of a DUI arrest to ensure that our client's rights were
not violated at any point. For example, what if the arresting officer
did not have probable cause to pull our client over in the first place?
What if the officer was inexperienced or untrained in administering field
sobriety tests? These are issues we can look at in regard to your arrest
to determine how to build a case on your behalf.
DUI Arrest - What To Do
If you are pulled over for
DUI in Orange County, there are particular actions you should take to help positively impact
- First and foremost, do not attempt to evade the law enforcement officer
if he or she turns on the siren to pull you over.
- Always be polite and courteous when talking to the officer.
- Do not attempt to resist arrest or become violent with the officer.
- Politely decline to answer questions about where you have been, how much
you have had to drink etc. This information may be used against you later.
- Politely decline to participate in field sobriety testing. Contrary to
popular belief, field sobriety tests are not mandatory.
- If you are arrested, exercise your right to remain silent. Ask to speak
with an attorney as soon as possible.
For more information about DUI arrests in Orange County and how a lawyer
can help you,
contact us today! Call us toll-free at 877-384-7833 or fill out the simple form below.