When you have been arrested for driving under the influence, you have a
limited amount of time to get moving on your case to prevent the DMV from
automatically suspending your driver’s license.
While the DA may not even charge you with
DUI for months, or even up to a year, you will likely lose your driver's
license almost immediately if you fail to request a
DMV hearing within 10 days of the DUI arrest.
With so little time to defend your driving privileges, you should recognize
the importance of having a DUI attorney by your side from the very beginning
of your case.
Even though it can take the DA months to file DUI charges, it does not
mean that you should sit back and do nothing.
It may take the court some time to schedule your first court appearance,
but in the meantime the DMV will be taking swift action against you. In
the face of an automatic driver’s license suspension, ask yourself:
- Can I afford to have my license suspended?
- How will I get to work or school?
- How will I drive my family around?
- Will my auto insurance be affected by the suspension?
- What would happen if I was caught driving on a suspended license?
- What are the penalties for driving on a suspended license?
- Would I go to jail if I drove on a suspended license?
Since you probably do not know the answers to the above questions, we strongly
recommend that you contact our office to schedule a free case evaluation
with an experienced member of our DUI defense team.
Benefits of Hiring a DUI Lawyer
Think of it this way: The court is coming prepared, and there is no reason
you shouldn't be also. The court will be using all the small details
of the law to take away your rights and privileges, imposing time behind
bars, fines, classes, and even community service.
With so much being stacked against you, you deserve to have a legal representative
who will give you a fighting chance in court.
A DUI attorney can offer many benefits, including:
- Helping you to meet all of the deadlines
- Protecting your right to remain silent
- Determine impact and credibility of evidence
- Providing expert analysis of the law
- Removing bias and control neutrality
- Knowing how to challenge the results of breath, blood, urine, and field
- Having access to expert witnesses and independent laboratories
Even if a case does not go to trial or if you think the evidence against
you is too large to be ignored, an experienced DUI attorney can work with
the evidence presented to get you reduced jail time, fines, and other
penalties instead of having you face these all on your own.
The Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry, Inc., is a team of highly experienced
DUI lawyers, including those who have been
board certified in DUI defense, and who are members of the
National College for DUI Defense.
We know that time is of the essence and will work with you for your best
chance at impressive case results.
Call our office today for a free consultation!