When arrested for
driving under the influence, the first thing that often pops into many people's minds is, What are the penalties that I'm facing? Will I go to jail? Will I lose my driver's license? How much is this going to cost me? All of these are valid questions you might be asking yourself if you have recently been
arrested for DUI in Orange County.
The types of
DUI penalties a driver will face depend on the driver's prior criminal history. The more DUI arrests or convictions a driver has on his or her record, the more serious the penalties will be.
The following is list of some of the penalties associated with driving under the influence:
- Driver's license suspension, anywhere from four months to four years
- Probation, up to five years
- 0 months to 1 year in county jail
- 1 to 5 years in state prison, for a third or subsequent offense
- 3 to 18 months of mandatory alcohol education classes
- Fines and court fees of anywhere from $390 to $1,500 (this does not include attorney fees)
- Installation of an ignition interlock device in the vehicle
- Community service
- Mandatory attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings
Charged with DUI in Orange County?
When faced with DUI charges, you can rest assured knowing that the skilled DUI defense team at the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry is here to help you get through this difficult time. The experienced
Orange County DUI attorney assigned to your case will remain by your side every step of the way, defending your rights and helping to secure the best possible outcome. The attorneys at the firm understand the penalties for driving under the influence are daunting, to say the least, which is why they are so committed to providing each and every client with personalized attention, dedicated service, and overall exceptional representation from the beginning of their case until the very end.
Contact the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry
today by calling
(877) DUI-QUEEN to learn more about working with an
Orange County DUI lawyer at the firm!