DUI Arrests in Orange County, California
Orange County DUI Attorney
A DUI arrest can be a frightening and embarrassing experience. Upon being pulled over, a driver is immediately at risk of being arrested and charged with drunk driving, and although he or she may be given the opportunity to prove sobriety by way of a
field sobriety testing or a
breath or blood test, there are too many faults with these to ensure 100% accuracy in determining intoxication or a driver who is under the influence of a
At the Law Offices of Virginia L. Landry, we are experienced in defending clients facing drunk driving charges throughout all of Orange County, California. We understand how to fully investigate and challenge every single aspect of a DUI arrest to ensure that our client's rights were not violated at any point. For example, what if the arresting officer did not have probable cause to pull our client over in the first place? What if the officer was inexperienced or untrained in administering field sobriety tests? These are issues we can look at in regard to your arrest to determine how to build a case on your behalf.
DUI Arrest - What To Do
If you are pulled over for DUI in Orange County, there are particular actions you should take to help positively impact the situation.
- First and foremost, do not attempt to evade the law enforcement officer if he or she turns on the siren to pull you over.
- Always be polite and courteous when talking to the officer.
- Do not attempt to resist arrest or become violent with the officer.
- Politely decline to answer questions about where you have been, how much you have had to drink etc. This information may be used against you later.
- Politely decline to participate in field sobriety testing. Contrary to popular belief, field sobriety tests are not mandatory.
- If you are arrested, exercise your right to remain silent. Ask to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
For more information about DUI arrests in Orange County and how a lawyer can help you, contact us today! Call us toll-free at 877-384-7833 or fill out the simple form below.